Maija DiGiorgio is a gifted, multitalented comedienne, whose memorable performance is infused with a unique combination of energy, enthusiasm, wry candor, and witty observation. Her act is inspired by her biracial heritage, as the daughter of an award winning mambo dancer from Sicilian father, and an accomplished African American concert performer mother.
Her standup comedy also reflects experiences throughout the world of dating and relationships, along with reflections on her heritage, and her culturally diverse childhood spent with an array of talented actors, musicians, and comedians.
Born and raised in New York City, Maija spent most of her childhood at her uncle Henry LeTang’s studio where she trained in tap, singing, piano, and percussion at the age of four. By age six, she was booked as a drummer on the set of Francis Ford Coppola’s Cotton Club. At eight, she performed showstopping numbers with Chazz Palminteri. A Sanford Meisner trained actress, Maija performed a one woman tour de force, "RATS!" in New York City. Her riveting performance featured six stories of love gone wrong as told through six modernized Shakespearean characters receiving rave reviews.
Maija's first love remains comedy. She enjoys making people laugh through her translation of the human condition peppered with stories from different times of her life. She has performed top comedy clubs, festivals, and venues, throughout the United States, including the Comedy Cellar, Caroline's, and The Apollo Theater (she made her national television debut turning a booing audience to a standing ovation on the"Showtime at the Apollo")
Additionally, Maija has performed at Scotland's Edinburgh International Festival, and she has entertained the US Armed Forces at bases in Korea and Japan.
Maija's has been seen on a number of television shows, including Fox's "Laughs" "Comic's Unleashed," "Def Comedy Jam," BET's "Comic View," Showtime's "Michael Vick Comedy Explosion," Netflix's "Uncontrolled Comedy Hour,"and "Sex & The City."
She made her mark in radio when she co-hosted "The Hot 97 Morning Show with Ed and Maija" in New York City. During her tenure, at the station, their show was the number one morning radio show in NewYork City.
Maija has performed with Dave Chappelle, Kevin Hart, Dane Cook, Wanda Sykes, Jim Norton, Lisa Lampanelli, Jeff Ross, Louis CK, Mike Epps, and Tracy Morgan.
Maija also cocreated two shows "American Dehoochified: The Smart Women's Guide to Men," and “The Ultimate Diversity Show: Guide to Embracing Culture” which she performs at colleges across the country.
- Gratuity may or may not be included and will be added to your bill at Managements discreation.
- Two Item Minimum per person!
- Rated R, 18+
- Door Opens for Dinner One hour before the scheduled showtime.
- Please list in the "Customer Notes" section any need for accessible
- All prices, performers, and showtimes are subject to change.
- Shows contain Adult Humor and If you are easily offended this may not be for you.
- By purchasing tickets to this event, you are authorizing this charge and agreeing to our terms and conditions herein.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL unless the event is canceled by the artist or venue.
- No refunds, transfers, or exchanges. Ticket resales are not permitted.
- Tickets prices and fees are “market-priced” and may fluctuate.
- Mandatory two-item minimum purchase per person in the showroom.
- No photography, videography, filming, or recording during the show.
- Valid photo ID and credit card used for purchase are required to pick up tickets.
- No smoking and no vaping.
- We reserve the right to deny/refuse entry to or remove parties who have been deemed a distraction to other guests.
- We reserve the right to search personal items and may not allow personal items into the venue.
- The venue and Owner’s Representatives are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property.
- Upon entry of the venue,(i) you hereby irrevocably grant the venue owner ( Snappers at Fort Myers), and its parent(s), affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, successors, and assigns (collectively, “Owner”) the right to photograph, record, film and otherwise capture your image, voice, and likeness (collectively, “Footage”) and to own, license, assign and/or use the Footage (and/or any portion thereof) in perpetuity, throughout the world in any and all media including, without limitation, in connection with any productions, programming, advertising and promotion, subject in all respects in Owner’s sole discretion.